Subject: CVE-2024-42118: drm/amd/display: Do not return negative stream id for array

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Do not return negative stream id for array

[WHY]
resource_stream_to_stream_idx returns an array index and it return -1
when not found; however, -1 is not a valid array index number.

[HOW]
When this happens, call ASSERT(), and return a zero instead.

This fixes an OVERRUN and an NEGATIVE_RETURNS issues reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42118 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit a76fa9c4f0fc
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 3ac31c9a707d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42118
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/core/dc_resource.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a76fa9c4f0fc0aa6f517da3fa7d7c23e8a32c7d0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3ac31c9a707dd1c7c890b95333182f955e9dcb57