Subject: CVE-2024-42087: drm/panel: ilitek-ili9881c: Fix warning with GPIO controllers that sleep

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/panel: ilitek-ili9881c: Fix warning with GPIO controllers that sleep

The ilitek-ili9881c controls the reset GPIO using the non-sleeping
gpiod_set_value() function. This complains loudly when the GPIO
controller needs to sleep. As the caller can sleep, use
gpiod_set_value_cansleep() to fix the issue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42087 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.317 with commit b71348be1236
	Fixed in 5.4.279 with commit 98686ec18247
	Fixed in 5.10.221 with commit cae52f61fda0
	Fixed in 5.15.162 with commit 489f38de3375
	Fixed in 6.1.97 with commit 5f41401219fb
	Fixed in 6.6.37 with commit 1618f7a875ff
	Fixed in 6.9.8 with commit e646402bf821
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit ee7860cd8b57

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42087
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-ilitek-ili9881c.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b71348be1236398be2d04c5e145fd6eaae86a91b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/98686ec1824728ff41d7b358131f7d0227c2ba2a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cae52f61fda0f5d2949dc177f984c9e187d4c6a0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/489f38de3375ab84b3d269d0a1d64d6ee95d7044
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5f41401219fbe7663b3cf65ebd4ed95ebbb8ffb9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1618f7a875ffd916596392fd29880c0429b8af60
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e646402bf82145349fcf5dcbe395afaf02a8ce47
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ee7860cd8b5763017f8dc785c2851fecb7a0c565