Subject: CVE-2024-41069: ASoC: topology: Fix references to freed memory

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: topology: Fix references to freed memory

Most users after parsing a topology file, release memory used by it, so
having pointer references directly into topology file contents is wrong.
Use devm_kmemdup(), to allocate memory as needed.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41069 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.101 with commit b188d7f3dfab
	Fixed in 6.6.42 with commit ab5a6208b4d6
	Fixed in 6.9.11 with commit ccae5c6a1fab
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 97ab304ecd95

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41069
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/soc-topology.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b188d7f3dfab10e332e3c1066e18857964a520d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ab5a6208b4d6872b1c6ecea1867940fc668cc76d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ccae5c6a1fab9494c86b7856faf05e296c617702
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/97ab304ecd95c0b1703ff8c8c3956dc6e2afe8e1