Subject: CVE-2024-41025: misc: fastrpc: Fix memory leak in audio daemon attach operation

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

misc: fastrpc: Fix memory leak in audio daemon attach operation

Audio PD daemon send the name as part of the init IOCTL call. This
name needs to be copied to kernel for which memory is allocated.
This memory is never freed which might result in memory leak. Free
the memory when it is not needed.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41025 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 0871561055e6 and fixed in 6.6.41 with commit 8b8b82dcf393
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 0871561055e6 and fixed in 6.9.10 with commit dbf4c31c9b03
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 0871561055e6 and fixed in 6.10 with commit ad0bd973a033

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41025
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/misc/fastrpc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8b8b82dcf393ceaca8c88939338fd4c30b5b11b2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dbf4c31c9b039fd9734da156036492a2a7f78f64
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad0bd973a033003ca578c42a760d1dc77aeea15e