Subject: CVE-2024-41011: drm/amdkfd: don't allow mapping the MMIO HDP page with large pages

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdkfd: don't allow mapping the MMIO HDP page with large pages

We don't get the right offset in that case.  The GPU has
an unused 4K area of the register BAR space into which you can
remap registers.  We remap the HDP flush registers into this
space to allow userspace (CPU or GPU) to flush the HDP when it
updates VRAM.  However, on systems with >4K pages, we end up
exposing PAGE_SIZE of MMIO space.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41011 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit d8e408a82704 and fixed in 5.4.283 with commit 009c4d78bcf0
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit d8e408a82704 and fixed in 5.10.225 with commit f7276cdc1912
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit d8e408a82704 and fixed in 5.15.166 with commit 8ad4838040e5
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit d8e408a82704 and fixed in 6.1.91 with commit 89fffbdf535c
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit d8e408a82704 and fixed in 6.6.31 with commit 4b4cff994a27
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit d8e408a82704 and fixed in 6.8.10 with commit 6186c9356088
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit d8e408a82704 and fixed in 6.9 with commit be4a2a81b6b9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41011
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_chardev.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/009c4d78bcf07c4ac2e3dd9f275b4eaa72b4f884
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f7276cdc1912325b64c33fcb1361952c06e55f63
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8ad4838040e5515939c071a0f511ce2661a0889d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/89fffbdf535ce659c1a26b51ad62070566e33b28
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4b4cff994a27ebf7bd3fb9a798a1cdfa8d01b724
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6186c93560889265bfe0914609c274eff40bbeb5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/be4a2a81b6b90d1a47eaeaace4cc8e2cb57b96c7