Subject: CVE-2024-41002: crypto: hisilicon/sec - Fix memory leak for sec resource release

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

crypto: hisilicon/sec - Fix memory leak for sec resource release

The AIV is one of the SEC resources. When releasing resources,
it need to release the AIV resources at the same time.
Otherwise, memory leakage occurs.

The aiv resource release is added to the sec resource release
function.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41002 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.162 with commit a886bcb0f67d
	Fixed in 6.1.96 with commit 7c42ce556ff6
	Fixed in 6.6.36 with commit 9f21886370db
	Fixed in 6.9.7 with commit 36810d2db349
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit bba4250757b4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41002
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/crypto/hisilicon/sec2/sec_crypto.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a886bcb0f67d1e3d6b2da25b3519de59098200c2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7c42ce556ff65995c8875c9ed64141c14238e7e6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9f21886370db451b0fdc651f6e41550a1da70601
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/36810d2db3496bb8b4db7ccda666674a5efc7b47
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bba4250757b4ae1680fea435a358d8093f254094