Subject: CVE-2024-40930: wifi: cfg80211: validate HE operation element parsing

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: cfg80211: validate HE operation element parsing

Validate that the HE operation element has the correct
length before parsing it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40930 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 645f3d85129d and fixed in 6.9.6 with commit f15e3e13e14c
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 645f3d85129d and fixed in 6.10 with commit 4dc3a3893dae

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40930
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/wireless/scan.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f15e3e13e14cc5ae8f950c16efe706add18ac8e2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4dc3a3893dae5a7f73e5809273aca0f1f3548d55