Subject: CVE-2024-50049: drm/amd/display: Check null pointer before dereferencing se

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Check null pointer before dereferencing se

[WHAT & HOW]
se is null checked previously in the same function, indicating
it might be null; therefore, it must be checked when used again.

This fixes 1 FORWARD_NULL issue reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50049 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.227 with commit f4149eec9601
	Fixed in 5.15.168 with commit c643ef59390e
	Fixed in 6.1.113 with commit 97a79933fb08
	Fixed in 6.6.57 with commit 65b2d49e55fe
	Fixed in 6.11.4 with commit a9b4fd194667
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit ff599ef6970e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50049
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/core/dc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f4149eec960110ffd5bcb161075dd9f1d7773075
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c643ef59390e49f1dfab35e8ea65f5db5e527d64
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/97a79933fb08a002ba9400d1a7a5df707ecdb896
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/65b2d49e55fe13ae56da3a7685bdccadca31134a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a9b4fd1946678fa0e069e442f3c5a7d3fa446fac
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ff599ef6970ee000fa5bc38d02fa5ff5f3fc7575