Subject: CVE-2024-50009: cpufreq: amd-pstate: add check for cpufreq_cpu_get's return value

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

cpufreq: amd-pstate: add check for cpufreq_cpu_get's return value

cpufreq_cpu_get may return NULL. To avoid NULL-dereference check it
and return in case of error.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50009 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 5f250d44b819
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 5493f9714e4c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50009
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/cpufreq/amd-pstate.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5f250d44b8191d612355dd97b89b37bbc1b5d2cb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5493f9714e4cdaf0ee7cec15899a231400cb1a9f