Subject: CVE-2024-49962: ACPICA: check null return of ACPI_ALLOCATE_ZEROED() in acpi_db_convert_to_package()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ACPICA: check null return of ACPI_ALLOCATE_ZEROED() in acpi_db_convert_to_package()

ACPICA commit 4d4547cf13cca820ff7e0f859ba83e1a610b9fd0

ACPI_ALLOCATE_ZEROED() may fail, elements might be NULL and will cause
NULL pointer dereference later.

[ rjw: Subject and changelog edits ]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49962 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.227 with commit cbb67e245dac
	Fixed in 5.15.168 with commit 1c9b8775062f
	Fixed in 6.1.113 with commit f282db38953a
	Fixed in 6.6.55 with commit 4588ea78d390
	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit a907c113a8b6
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit ae5d4c7e76ba
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit a5242874488e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49962
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/acpi/acpica/dbconvert.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cbb67e245dacd02b5e1d82733892647df1523982
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1c9b8775062f8d854a80caf186af57fc617d454c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f282db38953ad71dd4f3f8877a4e1d37e580e30a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4588ea78d3904bebb613b0bb025669e75800f546
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a907c113a8b66972f15f084d7dff960207b1f71d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ae5d4c7e76ba393d20366dfea1f39f24560ffb1d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a5242874488eba2b9062985bf13743c029821330