Subject: CVE-2024-49904: drm/amdgpu: add list empty check to avoid null pointer issue

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: add list empty check to avoid null pointer issue

Add list empty check to avoid null pointer issues in some corner cases.
- list_for_each_entry_safe()

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49904 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 5ec731ef47f1
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 8e87763946f7
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 4416377ae1fd

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49904
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_aca.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5ec731ef47f1dba34daad3e51a93de793f9319ac
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8e87763946f708063d7e5303339598abbb8c5aac
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4416377ae1fdc41a90b665943152ccd7ff61d3c5