Subject: CVE-2024-49874: i3c: master: svc: Fix use after free vulnerability in svc_i3c_master Driver Due to Race Condition

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

i3c: master: svc: Fix use after free vulnerability in svc_i3c_master Driver Due to Race Condition

In the svc_i3c_master_probe function, &master->hj_work is bound with
svc_i3c_master_hj_work, &master->ibi_work is bound with
svc_i3c_master_ibi_work. And svc_i3c_master_ibi_work  can start the
hj_work, svc_i3c_master_irq_handler can start the ibi_work.

If we remove the module which will call svc_i3c_master_remove to
make cleanup, it will free master->base through i3c_master_unregister
while the work mentioned above will be used. The sequence of operations
that may lead to a UAF bug is as follows:

CPU0                                         CPU1

                                    | svc_i3c_master_hj_work
svc_i3c_master_remove               |
i3c_master_unregister(&master->base)|
device_unregister(&master->dev)     |
device_release                      |
//free master->base                 |
                                    | i3c_master_do_daa(&master->base)
                                    | //use master->base

Fix it by ensuring that the work is canceled before proceeding with the
cleanup in svc_i3c_master_remove.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49874 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 0f74f8b6675c and fixed in 6.6.55 with commit 4ac637122930
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 0f74f8b6675c and fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 4318998892bf
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 0f74f8b6675c and fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 27b55724d3f7
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 0f74f8b6675c and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 618507257797

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49874
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/i3c/master/svc-i3c-master.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ac637122930cc4ab7e2c22e364cf3aaf96b05b1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4318998892bf8fe99f97bea18c37ae7b685af75a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/27b55724d3f781dd6e635e89dc6e2fd78fa81a00
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/61850725779709369c7e907ae8c7c75dc7cec4f3