Subject: CVE-2024-49859: f2fs: fix to check atomic_file in f2fs ioctl interfaces

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: fix to check atomic_file in f2fs ioctl interfaces

Some f2fs ioctl interfaces like f2fs_ioc_set_pin_file(),
f2fs_move_file_range(), and f2fs_defragment_range() missed to
check atomic_write status, which may cause potential race issue,
fix it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49859 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.113 with commit 26b07bd2e1f1
	Fixed in 6.6.54 with commit 7cb51731f24b
	Fixed in 6.10.13 with commit 10569b682ebe
	Fixed in 6.11.2 with commit d6f08c88047a
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit bfe5c0265426

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49859
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/file.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/26b07bd2e1f124b0e430c8d250023f7205c549c3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7cb51731f24b216b0b87942f519f2c67a17107ee
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/10569b682ebe9c75ef06ddd322ae844e9be6374b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d6f08c88047accc6127dddb6798a3ff11321539d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bfe5c02654261bfb8bd9cb174a67f3279ea99e58