Subject: CVE-2024-47746: fuse: use exclusive lock when FUSE_I_CACHE_IO_MODE is set

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

fuse: use exclusive lock when FUSE_I_CACHE_IO_MODE is set

This may be a typo. The comment has said shared locks are
not allowed when this bit is set. If using shared lock, the
wait in `fuse_file_cached_io_open` may be forever.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47746 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 205c1d802683 and fixed in 6.10.13 with commit fa4890bd8237
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 205c1d802683 and fixed in 6.11.2 with commit 4e181761ffec
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 205c1d802683 and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 2f3d8ff45798

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47746
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/fuse/file.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fa4890bd8237e5a1e7428acd7328729db2703b23
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4e181761ffec67307157a7e8a78d58ee4130cf00
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2f3d8ff457982f4055fe8f7bf19d3821ba22c376