Subject: CVE-2024-47690: f2fs: get rid of online repaire on corrupted directory

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: get rid of online repaire on corrupted directory

syzbot reports a f2fs bug as below:

kernel BUG at fs/f2fs/inode.c:896!
RIP: 0010:f2fs_evict_inode+0x1598/0x15c0 fs/f2fs/inode.c:896
Call Trace:
 evict+0x532/0x950 fs/inode.c:704
 dispose_list fs/inode.c:747 [inline]
 evict_inodes+0x5f9/0x690 fs/inode.c:797
 generic_shutdown_super+0x9d/0x2d0 fs/super.c:627
 kill_block_super+0x44/0x90 fs/super.c:1696
 kill_f2fs_super+0x344/0x690 fs/f2fs/super.c:4898
 deactivate_locked_super+0xc4/0x130 fs/super.c:473
 cleanup_mnt+0x41f/0x4b0 fs/namespace.c:1373
 task_work_run+0x24f/0x310 kernel/task_work.c:228
 ptrace_notify+0x2d2/0x380 kernel/signal.c:2402
 ptrace_report_syscall include/linux/ptrace.h:415 [inline]
 ptrace_report_syscall_exit include/linux/ptrace.h:477 [inline]
 syscall_exit_work+0xc6/0x190 kernel/entry/common.c:173
 syscall_exit_to_user_mode_prepare kernel/entry/common.c:200 [inline]
 __syscall_exit_to_user_mode_work kernel/entry/common.c:205 [inline]
 syscall_exit_to_user_mode+0x279/0x370 kernel/entry/common.c:218
 do_syscall_64+0x100/0x230 arch/x86/entry/common.c:89
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x77/0x7f
RIP: 0010:f2fs_evict_inode+0x1598/0x15c0 fs/f2fs/inode.c:896

Online repaire on corrupted directory in f2fs_lookup() can generate
dirty data/meta while racing w/ readonly remount, it may leave dirty
inode after filesystem becomes readonly, however, checkpoint() will
skips flushing dirty inode in a state of readonly mode, result in
above panic.

Let's get rid of online repaire in f2fs_lookup(), and leave the work
to fsck.f2fs.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47690 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 510022a85839 and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit e8d64f598eeb
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 510022a85839 and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit f4746f2d7950
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 510022a85839 and fixed in 6.6.54 with commit f9ce2f550d53
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 510022a85839 and fixed in 6.10.13 with commit 8be95cd60747
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 510022a85839 and fixed in 6.11.2 with commit bcefd0b0611f
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit 510022a85839 and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 884ee6dc85b9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47690
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/f2fs.h
	fs/f2fs/namei.c
	include/linux/f2fs_fs.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e8d64f598eeb079c42a52deaa3a91312c736a49d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f4746f2d79507f65cfbde11d3c39ee8338aa50af
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f9ce2f550d53d044ecfb5ce996406cf42cd6b84d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8be95cd607478d85fa4626e86f811e785905bcbf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bcefd0b0611f35b560d0a7281d87529fbe7a1e32
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/884ee6dc85b959bc152f15bca80c30f06069e6c4