Subject: CVE-2024-47673: wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: pause TCM when the firmware is stopped

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: pause TCM when the firmware is stopped

Not doing so will make us send a host command to the transport while the
firmware is not alive, which will trigger a WARNING.

bad state = 0
WARNING: CPU: 2 PID: 17434 at drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/iwl-trans.c:115 iwl_trans_send_cmd+0x1cb/0x1e0 [iwlwifi]
RIP: 0010:iwl_trans_send_cmd+0x1cb/0x1e0 [iwlwifi]
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 iwl_mvm_send_cmd+0x40/0xc0 [iwlmvm]
 iwl_mvm_config_scan+0x198/0x260 [iwlmvm]
 iwl_mvm_recalc_tcm+0x730/0x11d0 [iwlmvm]
 iwl_mvm_tcm_work+0x1d/0x30 [iwlmvm]
 process_one_work+0x29e/0x640
 worker_thread+0x2df/0x690
 ? rescuer_thread+0x540/0x540
 kthread+0x192/0x1e0
 ? set_kthread_struct+0x90/0x90
 ret_from_fork+0x22/0x30

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47673 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.168 with commit a15df5f37fa3
	Fixed in 6.1.112 with commit 5948a191906b
	Fixed in 6.6.53 with commit 2c61b561baf9
	Fixed in 6.10.12 with commit 55086c97a55d
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 0668ebc8c228

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47673
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/ops.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a15df5f37fa3a8b7a8ec7a339d1e897bc524e28f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5948a191906b54e10f02f6b7a7670243a39f99f4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2c61b561baf92a2860c76c2302a62169e22c21cc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/55086c97a55d781b04a2667401c75ffde190135c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0668ebc8c2282ca1e7eb96092a347baefffb5fe7