Subject: CVE-2024-47664: spi: hisi-kunpeng: Add verification for the max_frequency provided by the firmware

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

spi: hisi-kunpeng: Add verification for the max_frequency provided by the firmware

If the value of max_speed_hz is 0, it may cause a division by zero
error in hisi_calc_effective_speed().
The value of max_speed_hz is provided by firmware.
Firmware is generally considered as a trusted domain. However, as
division by zero errors can cause system failure, for defense measure,
the value of max_speed is validated here. So 0 is regarded as invalid
and an error code is returned.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47664 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.51 with commit 16ccaf581da4
	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit ee73a15d4a8c
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 5127c42c77de

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47664
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/spi/spi-hisi-kunpeng.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/16ccaf581da4fcf1e4d66086cf37263f9a656d43
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ee73a15d4a8ce8fb02d7866f7cf78fcdd16f0fcc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5127c42c77de18651aa9e8e0a3ced190103b449c