Subject: CVE-2024-47661: drm/amd/display: Avoid overflow from uint32_t to uint8_t

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Avoid overflow from uint32_t to uint8_t

[WHAT & HOW]
dmub_rb_cmd's ramping_boundary has size of uint8_t and it is assigned
0xFFFF. Fix it by changing it to uint8_t with value of 0xFF.

This fixes 2 INTEGER_OVERFLOW issues reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47661 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit 30d1b783b6ee
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit d6b54900c564

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47661
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dce/dmub_abm_lcd.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/hwss/dcn21/dcn21_hwseq.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/30d1b783b6eeaf49d311a072c70d618d993d01ec
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d6b54900c564e35989cf6813e4071504fa0a90e0