Subject: CVE-2024-46846: spi: rockchip: Resolve unbalanced runtime PM / system PM handling

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

spi: rockchip: Resolve unbalanced runtime PM / system PM handling

Commit e882575efc77 ("spi: rockchip: Suspend and resume the bus during
NOIRQ_SYSTEM_SLEEP_PM ops") stopped respecting runtime PM status and
simply disabled clocks unconditionally when suspending the system. This
causes problems when the device is already runtime suspended when we go
to sleep -- in which case we double-disable clocks and produce a
WARNing.

Switch back to pm_runtime_force_{suspend,resume}(), because that still
seems like the right thing to do, and the aforementioned commit makes no
explanation why it stopped using it.

Also, refactor some of the resume() error handling, because it's not
actually a good idea to re-disable clocks on failure.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46846 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit e882575efc77 and fixed in 6.1.110 with commit 14f970a8d03d
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit e882575efc77 and fixed in 6.6.51 with commit d034bff62fae
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit e882575efc77 and fixed in 6.10.10 with commit 0efbad8445fb
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit e882575efc77 and fixed in 6.11 with commit be721b451aff

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46846
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/spi/spi-rockchip.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/14f970a8d03d882b15b97beb83bd84ac8ba6298c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d034bff62faea1a2219e0d2f3d17263265f24087
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0efbad8445fbba7896402500a1473450a299a08a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/be721b451affbecc4ba4eaac3b71cdbdcade1b1b