Subject: CVE-2024-46821: drm/amd/pm: Fix negative array index read

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/pm: Fix negative array index read

Avoid using the negative values
for clk_idex as an index into an array pptable->DpmDescriptor.

V2: fix clk_index return check (Tim Huang)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46821 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.109 with commit 60f4a4bc3329
	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit 4711b1347cb9
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit 06a3810010b5
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit c8c19ebf7c0b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46821
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/pm/swsmu/smu11/navi10_ppt.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/60f4a4bc3329e5cb8c4df0cc961f0d5ffd96e22d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4711b1347cb9f0c3083da6d87c624d75f9bd1d50
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/06a3810010b525b9958424e344f0c25b09e128fa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c8c19ebf7c0b202a6a2d37a52ca112432723db5f