Subject: CVE-2024-46810: drm/bridge: tc358767: Check if fully initialized before signalling HPD event via IRQ

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/bridge: tc358767: Check if fully initialized before signalling HPD event via IRQ

Make sure the connector is fully initialized before signalling any
HPD events via drm_kms_helper_hotplug_event(), otherwise this may
lead to NULL pointer dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46810 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.167 with commit adc5674c23b8
	Fixed in 6.1.109 with commit e1b121f21bbc
	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit 9d567126474e
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit 1fb136939537
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 162e48cb1d84

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46810
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/tc358767.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/adc5674c23b8191e596ed0dbaa9600265ac896a8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e1b121f21bbc56a6ae035aa5b77daac62bfb9be5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d567126474e68f959b2c2543c375f3bb32e948a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1fb13693953737783b424aa4712f0a27a9eaf5a8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/162e48cb1d84c2c966b649b8ac5c9d4f75f6d44f