Subject: CVE-2024-46795: ksmbd: unset the binding mark of a reused connection

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ksmbd: unset the binding mark of a reused connection

Steve French reported null pointer dereference error from sha256 lib.
cifs.ko can send session setup requests on reused connection.
If reused connection is used for binding session, conn->binding can
still remain true and generate_preauth_hash() will not set
sess->Preauth_HashValue and it will be NULL.
It is used as a material to create an encryption key in
ksmbd_gen_smb311_encryptionkey. ->Preauth_HashValue cause null pointer
dereference error from crypto_shash_update().

BUG: kernel NULL pointer dereference, address: 0000000000000000
#PF: supervisor read access in kernel mode
#PF: error_code(0x0000) - not-present page
PGD 0 P4D 0
Oops: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP PTI
CPU: 8 PID: 429254 Comm: kworker/8:39
Hardware name: LENOVO 20MAS08500/20MAS08500, BIOS N2CET69W (1.52 )
Workqueue: ksmbd-io handle_ksmbd_work [ksmbd]
RIP: 0010:lib_sha256_base_do_update.isra.0+0x11e/0x1d0 [sha256_ssse3]
<TASK>
? show_regs+0x6d/0x80
? __die+0x24/0x80
? page_fault_oops+0x99/0x1b0
? do_user_addr_fault+0x2ee/0x6b0
? exc_page_fault+0x83/0x1b0
? asm_exc_page_fault+0x27/0x30
? __pfx_sha256_transform_rorx+0x10/0x10 [sha256_ssse3]
? lib_sha256_base_do_update.isra.0+0x11e/0x1d0 [sha256_ssse3]
? __pfx_sha256_transform_rorx+0x10/0x10 [sha256_ssse3]
? __pfx_sha256_transform_rorx+0x10/0x10 [sha256_ssse3]
_sha256_update+0x77/0xa0 [sha256_ssse3]
sha256_avx2_update+0x15/0x30 [sha256_ssse3]
crypto_shash_update+0x1e/0x40
hmac_update+0x12/0x20
crypto_shash_update+0x1e/0x40
generate_key+0x234/0x380 [ksmbd]
generate_smb3encryptionkey+0x40/0x1c0 [ksmbd]
ksmbd_gen_smb311_encryptionkey+0x72/0xa0 [ksmbd]
ntlm_authenticate.isra.0+0x423/0x5d0 [ksmbd]
smb2_sess_setup+0x952/0xaa0 [ksmbd]
__process_request+0xa3/0x1d0 [ksmbd]
__handle_ksmbd_work+0x1c4/0x2f0 [ksmbd]
handle_ksmbd_work+0x2d/0xa0 [ksmbd]
process_one_work+0x16c/0x350
worker_thread+0x306/0x440
? __pfx_worker_thread+0x10/0x10
kthread+0xef/0x120
? __pfx_kthread+0x10/0x10
ret_from_fork+0x44/0x70
? __pfx_kthread+0x10/0x10
ret_from_fork_asm+0x1b/0x30
</TASK>

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46795 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit f5a544e3bab7 and fixed in 5.15.167 with commit 9914f1bd61d5
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit f5a544e3bab7 and fixed in 6.1.110 with commit 93d54a4b59c4
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit f5a544e3bab7 and fixed in 6.6.51 with commit 41bc256da7e4
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit f5a544e3bab7 and fixed in 6.10.10 with commit 4c8496f44f5b
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit f5a544e3bab7 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 78c5a6f1f630

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46795
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/server/smb2pdu.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9914f1bd61d5e838bb1ab15a71076d37a6db65d1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/93d54a4b59c4b3d803d20aa645ab5ca71f3b3b02
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/41bc256da7e47b679df87c7fc7a5b393052b9cce
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4c8496f44f5bb5c06cdef5eb130ab259643392a1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/78c5a6f1f630172b19af4912e755e1da93ef0ab5