Subject: CVE-2024-46776: drm/amd/display: Run DC_LOG_DC after checking link->link_enc

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Run DC_LOG_DC after checking link->link_enc

[WHAT]
The DC_LOG_DC should be run after link->link_enc is checked, not before.

This fixes 1 REVERSE_INULL issue reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46776 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.51 with commit 874e3bb302f9
	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit adc74d25cdbb
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 3a82f62b0d9d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46776
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/link/link_factory.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/874e3bb302f97b94ac548959ec4f925b8e7b45e2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/adc74d25cdbba978afbb57caec23bbcd0329f7b8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3a82f62b0d9d7687eac47603bb6cd14a50fa718b