Subject: CVE-2024-46748: cachefiles: Set the max subreq size for cache writes to MAX_RW_COUNT

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

cachefiles: Set the max subreq size for cache writes to MAX_RW_COUNT

Set the maximum size of a subrequest that writes to cachefiles to be
MAX_RW_COUNT so that we don't overrun the maximum write we can make to the
backing filesystem.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46748 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit cec226f9b1fd
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 51d37982bbac

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46748
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/cachefiles/io.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cec226f9b1fd6cf55bc157873aec61b523083e96
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/51d37982bbac3ea0ca21b2797a9cb0044272b3aa