Subject: CVE-2024-46743: of/irq: Prevent device address out-of-bounds read in interrupt map walk

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

of/irq: Prevent device address out-of-bounds read in interrupt map walk

When of_irq_parse_raw() is invoked with a device address smaller than
the interrupt parent node (from #address-cells property), KASAN detects
the following out-of-bounds read when populating the initial match table
(dyndbg="func of_irq_parse_* +p"):

  OF: of_irq_parse_one: dev=/soc@0/picasso/watchdog, index=0
  OF:  parent=/soc@0/pci@878000000000/gpio0@17,0, intsize=2
  OF:  intspec=4
  OF: of_irq_parse_raw: ipar=/soc@0/pci@878000000000/gpio0@17,0, size=2
  OF:  -> addrsize=3
  ==================================================================
  BUG: KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds in of_irq_parse_raw+0x2b8/0x8d0
  Read of size 4 at addr ffffff81beca5608 by task bash/764

  CPU: 1 PID: 764 Comm: bash Tainted: G           O       6.1.67-484c613561-nokia_sm_arm64 #1
  Hardware name: Unknown Unknown Product/Unknown Product, BIOS 2023.01-12.24.03-dirty 01/01/2023
  Call trace:
   dump_backtrace+0xdc/0x130
   show_stack+0x1c/0x30
   dump_stack_lvl+0x6c/0x84
   print_report+0x150/0x448
   kasan_report+0x98/0x140
   __asan_load4+0x78/0xa0
   of_irq_parse_raw+0x2b8/0x8d0
   of_irq_parse_one+0x24c/0x270
   parse_interrupts+0xc0/0x120
   of_fwnode_add_links+0x100/0x2d0
   fw_devlink_parse_fwtree+0x64/0xc0
   device_add+0xb38/0xc30
   of_device_add+0x64/0x90
   of_platform_device_create_pdata+0xd0/0x170
   of_platform_bus_create+0x244/0x600
   of_platform_notify+0x1b0/0x254
   blocking_notifier_call_chain+0x9c/0xd0
   __of_changeset_entry_notify+0x1b8/0x230
   __of_changeset_apply_notify+0x54/0xe4
   of_overlay_fdt_apply+0xc04/0xd94
   ...

  The buggy address belongs to the object at ffffff81beca5600
   which belongs to the cache kmalloc-128 of size 128
  The buggy address is located 8 bytes inside of
   128-byte region [ffffff81beca5600, ffffff81beca5680)

  The buggy address belongs to the physical page:
  page:00000000230d3d03 refcount:1 mapcount:0 mapping:0000000000000000 index:0x0 pfn:0x1beca4
  head:00000000230d3d03 order:1 compound_mapcount:0 compound_pincount:0
  flags: 0x8000000000010200(slab|head|zone=2)
  raw: 8000000000010200 0000000000000000 dead000000000122 ffffff810000c300
  raw: 0000000000000000 0000000000200020 00000001ffffffff 0000000000000000
  page dumped because: kasan: bad access detected

  Memory state around the buggy address:
   ffffff81beca5500: 04 fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
   ffffff81beca5580: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
  >ffffff81beca5600: 00 fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
                        ^
   ffffff81beca5680: fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
   ffffff81beca5700: 00 00 00 00 00 00 fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc fc
  ==================================================================
  OF:  -> got it !

Prevent the out-of-bounds read by copying the device address into a
buffer of sufficient size.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46743 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.322 with commit d2a79494d8a5
	Fixed in 5.4.284 with commit defcaa426ba0
	Fixed in 5.10.226 with commit 9d1e9f0876b0
	Fixed in 5.15.167 with commit baaf26723bea
	Fixed in 6.1.110 with commit 8ff351ea12e9
	Fixed in 6.6.51 with commit 7ead730af11e
	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit bf68acd840b6
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit b739dffa5d57

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46743
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/of/irq.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d2a79494d8a5262949736fb2c3ac44d20a51b0d8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/defcaa426ba0bc89ffdafb799d2e50b52f74ffc4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d1e9f0876b03d74d44513a0ed3ed15ef8f2fed5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/baaf26723beab3a04da578d3008be3544f83758f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8ff351ea12e918db1373b915c4c268815929cbe5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7ead730af11ee7da107f16fc77995613c58d292d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bf68acd840b6a5bfd3777e0d5aaa204db6b461a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b739dffa5d570b411d4bdf4bb9b8dfd6b7d72305