Subject: CVE-2024-45019: net/mlx5e: Take state lock during tx timeout reporter

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/mlx5e: Take state lock during tx timeout reporter

mlx5e_safe_reopen_channels() requires the state lock taken. The
referenced changed in the Fixes tag removed the lock to fix another
issue. This patch adds it back but at a later point (when calling
mlx5e_safe_reopen_channels()) to avoid the deadlock referenced in the
Fixes tag.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-45019 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.1.69 with commit 514232495aa5 and fixed in 6.1.107 with commit 03d3734bd692
	Issue introduced in 6.6.8 with commit 8ce3d969348a and fixed in 6.6.48 with commit b3b9a87adee9
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit eab0da38912e and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit 8e57e66ecbdd
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit eab0da38912e and fixed in 6.11 with commit e6b5afd30b99

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-45019
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/reporter_tx.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/03d3734bd692affe4d0e9c9d638f491aaf37411b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b3b9a87adee97854bcd71057901d46943076267e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8e57e66ecbdd2fddc9fbf3e984b1c523b70e9809
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e6b5afd30b99b43682a7764e1a74a42fe4d5f4b3