Subject: CVE-2024-45017: net/mlx5: Fix IPsec RoCE MPV trace call

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/mlx5: Fix IPsec RoCE MPV trace call

Prevent the call trace below from happening, by not allowing IPsec
creation over a slave, if master device doesn't support IPsec.

WARNING: CPU: 44 PID: 16136 at kernel/locking/rwsem.c:240 down_read+0x75/0x94
Modules linked in: esp4_offload esp4 act_mirred act_vlan cls_flower sch_ingress mlx5_vdpa vringh vhost_iotlb vdpa mst_pciconf(OE) nfsv3 nfs_acl nfs lockd grace fscache netfs xt_CHECKSUM xt_MASQUERADE xt_conntrack ipt_REJECT nf_reject_ipv4 nft_compat nft_counter nft_chain_nat nf_nat nf_conntrack nf_defrag_ipv6 nf_defrag_ipv4 rfkill cuse fuse rpcrdma sunrpc rdma_ucm ib_srpt ib_isert iscsi_target_mod target_core_mod ib_umad ib_iser libiscsi scsi_transport_iscsi rdma_cm ib_ipoib iw_cm ib_cm ipmi_ssif intel_rapl_msr intel_rapl_common amd64_edac edac_mce_amd kvm_amd kvm irqbypass crct10dif_pclmul crc32_pclmul mlx5_ib ghash_clmulni_intel sha1_ssse3 dell_smbios ib_uverbs aesni_intel crypto_simd dcdbas wmi_bmof dell_wmi_descriptor cryptd pcspkr ib_core acpi_ipmi sp5100_tco ccp i2c_piix4 ipmi_si ptdma k10temp ipmi_devintf ipmi_msghandler acpi_power_meter acpi_cpufreq ext4 mbcache jbd2 sd_mod t10_pi sg mgag200 drm_kms_helper syscopyarea sysfillrect mlx5_core sysimgblt fb_sys_fops cec
 ahci libahci mlxfw drm pci_hyperv_intf libata tg3 sha256_ssse3 tls megaraid_sas i2c_algo_bit psample wmi dm_mirror dm_region_hash dm_log dm_mod [last unloaded: mst_pci]
CPU: 44 PID: 16136 Comm: kworker/44:3 Kdump: loaded Tainted: GOE 5.15.0-20240509.el8uek.uek7_u3_update_v6.6_ipsec_bf.x86_64 #2
Hardware name: Dell Inc. PowerEdge R7525/074H08, BIOS 2.0.3 01/15/2021
Workqueue: events xfrm_state_gc_task
RIP: 0010:down_read+0x75/0x94
Code: 00 48 8b 45 08 65 48 8b 14 25 80 fc 01 00 83 e0 02 48 09 d0 48 83 c8 01 48 89 45 08 5d 31 c0 89 c2 89 c6 89 c7 e9 cb 88 3b 00 <0f> 0b 48 8b 45 08 a8 01 74 b2 a8 02 75 ae 48 89 c2 48 83 ca 02 f0
RSP: 0018:ffffb26387773da8 EFLAGS: 00010282
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffffa08b658af900 RCX: 0000000000000001
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: ff886bc5e1366f2f RDI: 0000000000000000
RBP: ffffa08b658af940 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffffa0a9bfb31540
R13: ffffa0a9bfb37900 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: ffffa0a9bfb37905
FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffffa0a9bfb00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 000055a45ed814e8 CR3: 000000109038a000 CR4: 0000000000350ee0
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 ? show_trace_log_lvl+0x1d6/0x2f9
 ? show_trace_log_lvl+0x1d6/0x2f9
 ? mlx5_devcom_for_each_peer_begin+0x29/0x60 [mlx5_core]
 ? down_read+0x75/0x94
 ? __warn+0x80/0x113
 ? down_read+0x75/0x94
 ? report_bug+0xa4/0x11d
 ? handle_bug+0x35/0x8b
 ? exc_invalid_op+0x14/0x75
 ? asm_exc_invalid_op+0x16/0x1b
 ? down_read+0x75/0x94
 ? down_read+0xe/0x94
 mlx5_devcom_for_each_peer_begin+0x29/0x60 [mlx5_core]
 mlx5_ipsec_fs_roce_tx_destroy+0xb1/0x130 [mlx5_core]
 tx_destroy+0x1b/0xc0 [mlx5_core]
 tx_ft_put+0x53/0xc0 [mlx5_core]
 mlx5e_xfrm_free_state+0x45/0x90 [mlx5_core]
 ___xfrm_state_destroy+0x10f/0x1a2
 xfrm_state_gc_task+0x81/0xa9
 process_one_work+0x1f1/0x3c6
 worker_thread+0x53/0x3e4
 ? process_one_work.cold+0x46/0x3c
 kthread+0x127/0x144
 ? set_kthread_struct+0x60/0x52
 ret_from_fork+0x22/0x2d
 </TASK>
---[ end trace 5ef7896144d398e1 ]---

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-45017 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit dfbd229abeee and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit 2ae52a65a850
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit dfbd229abeee and fixed in 6.11 with commit 607e1df7bd47

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-45017
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/lib/ipsec_fs_roce.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2ae52a65a850ded75a94e8d7ec1e09737f4c6509
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/607e1df7bd47fe91cab85a97f57870a26d066137