Subject: CVE-2024-44994: iommu: Restore lost return in iommu_report_device_fault()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

iommu: Restore lost return in iommu_report_device_fault()

When iommu_report_device_fault gets called with a partial fault it is
supposed to collect the fault into the group and then return.

Instead the return was accidently deleted which results in trying to
process the fault and an eventual crash.

Deleting the return was a typo, put it back.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44994 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 3dfa64aecbaf and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit cc6bc2ab1663
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 3dfa64aecbaf and fixed in 6.11 with commit fca5b78511e9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44994
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/iommu/io-pgfault.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cc6bc2ab1663ec9353636416af22452b078510e9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fca5b78511e98bdff2cdd55c172b23200a7b3404