Subject: CVE-2024-43912: wifi: nl80211: disallow setting special AP channel widths

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: nl80211: disallow setting special AP channel widths

Setting the AP channel width is meant for use with the normal
20/40/... MHz channel width progression, and switching around
in S1G or narrow channels isn't supported. Disallow that.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43912 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.105 with commit 3d42f2125f6c
	Fixed in 6.6.46 with commit c6ea738e3feb
	Fixed in 6.10.5 with commit ac3bf6e47fd8
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 23daf1b4c91d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43912
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/wireless/nl80211.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3d42f2125f6c89e1e71c87b9f23412afddbba45e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c6ea738e3feb407a3283197d9a25d0788f4f3cee
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ac3bf6e47fd8da9bfe8027e1acfe0282a91584fc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/23daf1b4c91db9b26f8425cc7039cf96d22ccbfe