Subject: CVE-2024-43847: wifi: ath12k: fix invalid memory access while processing fragmented packets

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath12k: fix invalid memory access while processing fragmented packets

The monitor ring and the reo reinject ring share the same ring mask index.
When the driver receives an interrupt for the reo reinject ring, the
monitor ring is also processed, leading to invalid memory access. Since
monitor support is not yet enabled in ath12k, the ring mask for the monitor
ring should be removed.

Tested-on: QCN9274 hw2.0 PCI WLAN.WBE.1.1.1-00209-QCAHKSWPL_SILICONZ-1

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43847 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit 8126f82dab7b
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 36fc66a7d9ca
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.11 with commit 073f9f249eec

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43847
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath12k/hw.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8126f82dab7bd8b2e04799342b19fff0a1fd8575
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/36fc66a7d9ca3e5c6eac25362cac63f83df8bed6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/073f9f249eecd64ab9d59c91c4a23cfdcc02afe4