Subject: CVE-2024-42275: drm/client: Fix error code in drm_client_buffer_vmap_local()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/client: Fix error code in drm_client_buffer_vmap_local()

This function accidentally returns zero/success on the failure path.
It leads to locking issues and an uninitialized *map_copy in the
caller.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42275 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit b4b0193e83cb and fixed in 6.10.4 with commit c0f412961653
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit b4b0193e83cb and fixed in 6.11 with commit b5fbf924f125

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42275
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/drm_client.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c0f412961653237f52e2f16ee8747fb330bcf074
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b5fbf924f125ba3638cfdc21c0515eb7e76264ca