Subject: CVE-2024-42262: drm/v3d: Fix potential memory leak in the performance extension

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/v3d: Fix potential memory leak in the performance extension

If fetching of userspace memory fails during the main loop, all drm sync
objs looked up until that point will be leaked because of the missing
drm_syncobj_put.

Fix it by exporting and using a common cleanup helper.

(cherry picked from commit 484de39fa5f5b7bd0c5f2e2c5265167250ef7501)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42262 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit bae7cb5d6800 and fixed in 6.10.4 with commit ad5fdc48f7a6
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit bae7cb5d6800 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 32df4abc44f2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42262
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/v3d/v3d_drv.h
	drivers/gpu/drm/v3d/v3d_sched.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/v3d/v3d_submit.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad5fdc48f7a63b8a98493c667505fe4d3864ae21
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/32df4abc44f24dbec239d43e2b26d5768c5d1a78