Subject: CVE-2024-42158: s390/pkey: Use kfree_sensitive() to fix Coccinelle warnings

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

s390/pkey: Use kfree_sensitive() to fix Coccinelle warnings

Replace memzero_explicit() and kfree() with kfree_sensitive() to fix
warnings reported by Coccinelle:

WARNING opportunity for kfree_sensitive/kvfree_sensitive (line 1506)
WARNING opportunity for kfree_sensitive/kvfree_sensitive (line 1643)
WARNING opportunity for kfree_sensitive/kvfree_sensitive (line 1770)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42158 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit 62151a0acde9
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 22e6824622e8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42158
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/s390/crypto/pkey_api.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/62151a0acde90823bdfa991d598c85cf4b1d387d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/22e6824622e8a8889df0f8fc4ed5aea0e702a694