Subject: CVE-2024-42112: net: txgbe: free isb resources at the right time

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: txgbe: free isb resources at the right time

When using MSI/INTx interrupt, the shared interrupts are still being
handled in the device remove routine, before free IRQs. So isb memory
is still read after it is freed. Thus move wx_free_isb_resources()
from txgbe_close() to txgbe_remove(). And fix the improper isb free
action in txgbe_open() error handling path.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42112 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit aefd013624a1 and fixed in 6.9.9 with commit efdc3f542998
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit aefd013624a1 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 935124dd5883
	Issue introduced in 6.8.12 with commit ffe8a87463c8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42112
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/libwx/wx_lib.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/ngbe/ngbe_main.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/txgbe/txgbe_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/efdc3f54299835ddef23bea651c753c4d467010b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/935124dd5883b5de68dc5a94f582480a10643dc9