Subject: CVE-2024-42100: clk: sunxi-ng: common: Don't call hw_to_ccu_common on hw without common

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

clk: sunxi-ng: common: Don't call hw_to_ccu_common on hw without common

In order to set the rate range of a hw sunxi_ccu_probe calls
hw_to_ccu_common() assuming all entries in desc->ccu_clks are contained
in a ccu_common struct. This assumption is incorrect and, in
consequence, causes invalid pointer de-references.

Remove the faulty call. Instead, add one more loop that iterates over
the ccu_clks and sets the rate range, if required.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42100 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6.31 with commit 547263745e15 and fixed in 6.6.39 with commit 14c78d69dbca
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit b914ec33b391 and fixed in 6.9.9 with commit 7a0e2738cb6d
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit b914ec33b391 and fixed in 6.10 with commit ea977d742507
	Issue introduced in 6.8.10 with commit 761cbd9c0e4e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42100
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu_common.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/14c78d69dbca6a28af14095f639ec4318ec07fdc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7a0e2738cb6da5a55c9908dff333600aeb263e07
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ea977d742507e534d9fe4f4d74256f6b7f589338