Subject: CVE-2024-42081: drm/xe/xe_devcoredump: Check NULL before assignments

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/xe/xe_devcoredump: Check NULL before assignments

Assign 'xe_devcoredump_snapshot *' and 'xe_device *' only if
'coredump' is not NULL.

v2
- Fix commit messages.

v3
- Define variables before code.(Ashutosh/Jose)

v4
- Drop return check for coredump_to_xe. (Jose/Rodrigo)

v5
- Modify misleading commit message. (Matt)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42081 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.8 with commit 76ec0e337072
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit b15e65349553

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42081
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_devcoredump.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/76ec0e33707282d5321555698d902f4e067aff37
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b15e65349553b1689d15fbdebea874ca5ae2274a