Subject: CVE-2024-41079: nvmet: always initialize cqe.result

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nvmet: always initialize cqe.result

The spec doesn't mandate that the first two double words (aka results)
for the command queue entry need to be set to 0 when they are not
used (not specified). Though, the target implemention returns 0 for TCP
and FC but not for RDMA.

Let's make RDMA behave the same and thus explicitly initializing the
result field. This prevents leaking any data from the stack.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41079 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.101 with commit 30d35b24b795
	Fixed in 6.6.42 with commit 10967873b807
	Fixed in 6.9.11 with commit 0990e8a86364
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit cd0c1b8e045a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41079
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/nvme/target/core.c
	drivers/nvme/target/fabrics-cmd-auth.c
	drivers/nvme/target/fabrics-cmd.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/30d35b24b7957922f81cfdaa66f2e1b1e9b9aed2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/10967873b80742261527a071954be8b54f0f8e4d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0990e8a863645496b9e3f91cfcfd63cd95c80319
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cd0c1b8e045a8d2785342b385cb2684d9b48e426