Subject: CVE-2024-41059: hfsplus: fix uninit-value in copy_name

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

hfsplus: fix uninit-value in copy_name

[syzbot reported]
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in sized_strscpy+0xc4/0x160
 sized_strscpy+0xc4/0x160
 copy_name+0x2af/0x320 fs/hfsplus/xattr.c:411
 hfsplus_listxattr+0x11e9/0x1a50 fs/hfsplus/xattr.c:750
 vfs_listxattr fs/xattr.c:493 [inline]
 listxattr+0x1f3/0x6b0 fs/xattr.c:840
 path_listxattr fs/xattr.c:864 [inline]
 __do_sys_listxattr fs/xattr.c:876 [inline]
 __se_sys_listxattr fs/xattr.c:873 [inline]
 __x64_sys_listxattr+0x16b/0x2f0 fs/xattr.c:873
 x64_sys_call+0x2ba0/0x3b50 arch/x86/include/generated/asm/syscalls_64.h:195
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0xcf/0x1e0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x77/0x7f

Uninit was created at:
 slab_post_alloc_hook mm/slub.c:3877 [inline]
 slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:3918 [inline]
 kmalloc_trace+0x57b/0xbe0 mm/slub.c:4065
 kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:628 [inline]
 hfsplus_listxattr+0x4cc/0x1a50 fs/hfsplus/xattr.c:699
 vfs_listxattr fs/xattr.c:493 [inline]
 listxattr+0x1f3/0x6b0 fs/xattr.c:840
 path_listxattr fs/xattr.c:864 [inline]
 __do_sys_listxattr fs/xattr.c:876 [inline]
 __se_sys_listxattr fs/xattr.c:873 [inline]
 __x64_sys_listxattr+0x16b/0x2f0 fs/xattr.c:873
 x64_sys_call+0x2ba0/0x3b50 arch/x86/include/generated/asm/syscalls_64.h:195
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0xcf/0x1e0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x77/0x7f
[Fix]
When allocating memory to strbuf, initialize memory to 0.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41059 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.319 with commit 72805debec8f
	Fixed in 5.4.281 with commit c733e24a61cb
	Fixed in 5.10.223 with commit 34f8efd2743f
	Fixed in 5.15.164 with commit d02d8c1dacaf
	Fixed in 6.1.101 with commit 22999936b91b
	Fixed in 6.6.42 with commit f08956d8e0f8
	Fixed in 6.9.11 with commit ad57dc2caf1e
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 0570730c1630

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41059
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/hfsplus/xattr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/72805debec8f7aa342da194fe0ed7bc8febea335
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c733e24a61cbcff10f660041d6d84d32bb7e4cb4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/34f8efd2743f2d961e92e8e994de4c7a2f9e74a0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d02d8c1dacafb28930c39e16d48e40bb6e4cbc70
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/22999936b91ba545ce1fbbecae6895127945e91c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f08956d8e0f80fd0d4ad84ec917302bb2f3a9c6a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad57dc2caf1e0a3c0a9904400fae7afbc9f74bb2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0570730c16307a72f8241df12363f76600baf57d