Subject: CVE-2024-41053: scsi: ufs: core: Fix ufshcd_abort_one racing issue

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: ufs: core: Fix ufshcd_abort_one racing issue

When ufshcd_abort_one is racing with the completion ISR, the completed tag
of the request's mq_hctx pointer will be set to NULL by ISR.  Return
success when request is completed by ISR because ufshcd_abort_one does not
need to do anything.

The racing flow is:

Thread A
ufshcd_err_handler					step 1
	...
	ufshcd_abort_one
		ufshcd_try_to_abort_task
			ufshcd_cmd_inflight(true)	step 3
		ufshcd_mcq_req_to_hwq
			blk_mq_unique_tag
				rq->mq_hctx->queue_num	step 5

Thread B
ufs_mtk_mcq_intr(cq complete ISR)			step 2
	scsi_done
		...
		__blk_mq_free_request
			rq->mq_hctx = NULL;		step 4

Below is KE back trace.
  ufshcd_try_to_abort_task: cmd at tag 41 not pending in the device.
  ufshcd_try_to_abort_task: cmd at tag=41 is cleared.
  Aborting tag 41 / CDB 0x28 succeeded
  Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 0000000000000194
  pc : [0xffffffddd7a79bf8] blk_mq_unique_tag+0x8/0x14
  lr : [0xffffffddd6155b84] ufshcd_mcq_req_to_hwq+0x1c/0x40 [ufs_mediatek_mod_ise]
   do_mem_abort+0x58/0x118
   el1_abort+0x3c/0x5c
   el1h_64_sync_handler+0x54/0x90
   el1h_64_sync+0x68/0x6c
   blk_mq_unique_tag+0x8/0x14
   ufshcd_err_handler+0xae4/0xfa8 [ufs_mediatek_mod_ise]
   process_one_work+0x208/0x4fc
   worker_thread+0x228/0x438
   kthread+0x104/0x1d4
   ret_from_fork+0x10/0x20

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41053 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6.5 with commit ff7699d36207 and fixed in 6.6.41 with commit c3111b3cf388
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 93e6c0e19d5b and fixed in 6.9.10 with commit b5a6ac887256
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 93e6c0e19d5b and fixed in 6.10 with commit 74736103fb41

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41053
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/ufs/core/ufshcd.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c3111b3cf3889bfa7b73ebff83d7397db9b7e5e0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b5a6ac887256762758bfe7f2918cb0233aa544f4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/74736103fb4123c71bf11fb7a6abe7c884c5269e