Subject: CVE-2024-41016: ocfs2: strict bound check before memcmp in ocfs2_xattr_find_entry()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ocfs2: strict bound check before memcmp in ocfs2_xattr_find_entry()

xattr in ocfs2 maybe 'non-indexed', which saved with additional space
requested.  It's better to check if the memory is out of bound before
memcmp, although this possibility mainly comes from crafted poisonous
images.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41016 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.227 with commit 57a3d89831fc
	Fixed in 5.15.168 with commit c031d286eceb
	Fixed in 6.1.112 with commit cfb926051fab
	Fixed in 6.6.53 with commit c726dea9d0c8
	Fixed in 6.10.12 with commit e4ffea01adf3
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit af77c4fc1871

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41016
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ocfs2/xattr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/57a3d89831fcaa2cdbe024b47c7c36d5a56c3637
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c031d286eceb82f72f8623b7f4abd2aa491bfb5e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cfb926051fab19b10d1e65976211f364aa820180
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c726dea9d0c806d64c26fcef483b1fb9474d8c5e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e4ffea01adf3323c821b6f37e9577d2d400adbaa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/af77c4fc1871847b528d58b7fdafb4aa1f6a9262