Subject: CVE-2024-40997: cpufreq: amd-pstate: fix memory leak on CPU EPP exit

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

cpufreq: amd-pstate: fix memory leak on CPU EPP exit

The cpudata memory from kzalloc() in amd_pstate_epp_cpu_init() is
not freed in the analogous exit function, so fix that.

[ rjw: Subject and changelog edits ]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40997 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.36 with commit 448efb7ea0bf
	Fixed in 6.9.7 with commit 8015c17fe11a
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit cea04f3d9aee

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40997
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/cpufreq/amd-pstate.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/448efb7ea0bfa2c4e27c5a2eb5684fd225cd12cd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8015c17fe11a8608cc3eb83d0ab831e1845a9582
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cea04f3d9aeebda9d9c063c0dfa71e739c322c81