Subject: CVE-2024-40991: dmaengine: ti: k3-udma-glue: Fix of_k3_udma_glue_parse_chn_by_id()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

dmaengine: ti: k3-udma-glue: Fix of_k3_udma_glue_parse_chn_by_id()

The of_k3_udma_glue_parse_chn_by_id() helper function erroneously
invokes "of_node_put()" on the "udmax_np" device-node passed to it,
without having incremented its reference count at any point. Fix it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40991 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 81a1f90f20af and fixed in 6.9.7 with commit a5ab5f413d1e
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 81a1f90f20af and fixed in 6.10 with commit ba27e9d22077

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40991
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/dma/ti/k3-udma-glue.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a5ab5f413d1e4c7ed5f64271b025f0726374509e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ba27e9d2207784da748b19170a2e56bd7770bd81