Subject: CVE-2024-40908: bpf: Set run context for rawtp test_run callback

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

bpf: Set run context for rawtp test_run callback

syzbot reported crash when rawtp program executed through the
test_run interface calls bpf_get_attach_cookie helper or any
other helper that touches task->bpf_ctx pointer.

Setting the run context (task->bpf_ctx pointer) for test_run
callback.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40908 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 7adfc6c9b315 and fixed in 5.15.162 with commit 789bd77c9342
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 7adfc6c9b315 and fixed in 6.1.95 with commit 3708b6c2546c
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 7adfc6c9b315 and fixed in 6.6.35 with commit d387805d4b4a
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 7adfc6c9b315 and fixed in 6.9.6 with commit ae0ba0ab7475
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 7adfc6c9b315 and fixed in 6.10 with commit d0d1df8ba18a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40908
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bpf/test_run.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/789bd77c9342aa6125003871ae5c6034d0f6f9d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3708b6c2546c9eb34aead8a34a17e8ae69004e4d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d387805d4b4a46ee01e3dae133c81b6d80195e5b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ae0ba0ab7475a129ef7d449966edf677367efeb4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d0d1df8ba18abc57f28fb3bc053b2bf319367f2c