RE: [ethmac] what is gate size for this?

We just implemented it in Silicon, 42k gates is the # you're looking for.
Unfortunately, the version we used neccesitates a few not-so-pretty software
workarounds, our softies didn't give us the test coverage we needed (on the
FPGA mock up). The bugs have been rectified since our Silicon was produced
:-)(, so the gate count's probably changed a little. It's around the same
complexity as the Sierra 10/100 MAC.

Regards, Chris.