From: Colin [mailto:colin.renfrew@sli-institute.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 12:48 PM
To: ethmac@opencores.org
Subject: [ethmac] Testbench for FCS

Hi everyone,
                ok, so I have my Gigabit Eth MAC receiver. I've tested all
parts of the system except the FCS check. I need frames for which the
(FCS has already been calculated) to test my system properly, rather
than creating random data for the frame and hand-calculating the FCS
value!

Is there a program around to automatically generate Ethernet frames
(inc. FCS field) ?

If not, can anyone advise an easy way to test that the FCS is working
correctly?

Cheers,
Colin

The information contained in this electronic mail is privileged and
confidential, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in
error, please immediately notify Disclaimer@NBase.com. Thank you.