[ethmac] CRC by easics

Hi all together!

Members of this list helped me a lot with my CRC problem a while ago. It is
working fine now.
I am using the CRC-32 (4bit input) code from the easics.com CRCtool. Well,
now I am at the point where I have to describe the CRC checker I am using as
my project will be my diploma work.
Does anyone in here know good descriptive literature on this kind of
building a crc? I do know how to build a "usual" crc which you will have to
fill with special dummy data (p.e. zeros) after your data passed the
CRCchecker. But this one with the XOR gate before the first flip-flop looks
quite weird to me.
Thanks again!

Christian