[ethmac] 10Gbps

10/100 MAC has the 8b/10b encoder/decoder integrated to it or if this is
something that will have to go in the required PHY external module.

If this 10/100 MAC will include this 8b/10b module, then this will need to
change drastically for 10Gbps because I believe they will use a 64b/66b. They
will do this to avoid wasting 2 out of 10 bits just to keep the transmission
line DC balanced. This new encoding is more complex.

Also, the MII module will need to change for a new XMII (or GMII I am not quite
sure).

I am sure there are a lot more things that may need to change for 10Gbps but the
previous come to mind.

Please let me know if anybody is interested in looking at this stuff.. I believe
it will take time but will be worth it since not even all the major competitive
companies have a final chip that implements this.. I believe Broadcom has a chip
for this already.

Jose\' L. Landivar