Re: Re: [oc] Real newbie questions

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 21:35, tanveer tan wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 Rudolf Usselmann wrote :
> >
> >Lets not confuse what we are talking about: You do not program
> >when you are designing a circuit. You are describing the
> >behavior
> >of the circuit.
> >
> >Sometimes, people use a style similar to conventional
> >programming
> >languages to write a test bench. These test benches might have
> >lot of sequential code. This is however very seldom
> >synthesizable
> >code.
> !!! r there any syntheesizable testbenches??

I presume this is supposed to be "Are there ...." ?

In that case, yes, there are synthesizable test benches. Most
commonly they are used with hardware accelerators to speed up
complex and time consuming simulations. Several projcets I was
involved in, utilized synthesizable test benches for the
verification of next generation RISC CPUs.

> tanveer

rudi
www.asics.ws   - Solutions for your ASIC needs -
FREE IP Cores  -->   http://www.asics.ws/  <---