[oc] I would like to contribute...

I'm very interested in FPGA design.  I would like to learn more.  I can
program in C/C++, Python and a bit of asm.    Where can I go to learn a bit more
about VHDL and/or Verilog?  What venders are the best (Xilinx seems to be the
major one)?

I would like to start of with an interface for a handfull of quadrature
encoders with a PCI interface (using the PCI <-> Wishbone bridge).  This is
basicly a 2-bit Gray code to 32-bit binary counter.

Thanks for your help.

--adam

BTW - I plan on contributing everything back the OpenCores project.