Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 7:43 PM
Subject: [oc] Too many email, a suggest...

Hi everyone,

What a traffic!! I was offline from 12/11 to 19/12, and when I want to check my emails. I found more than 280 email from/to [oc] group only. This mean in average 8 emails/day. The emails are for obviously different people and projects. I was frustrated because I can't read all of these emails. I have to set in front of the screen for hours to filter which subject in which I am interested and then try to read those filtered emails. To be positive and active, I have to reply for some interesting mails, follow links, and try some coding. This is a huge work. Other choice to delete all previous emails and begin from today, and I will lose the up-to-date benefit.
I can't believe that all members read 8 emails in average every day from OC only plus some emails from others.

This is a big traffic and I see that we reach the point that some more redirections should be made by the administrators. I suggest that each project (at least big-traffic projects) to have its own mailing list on OpenCores. And make [OC] mailing list for general issues and new project suggests. If anyone agree with this, please inform the administrators to make this important step in the OpenCores history.

Best wishes,
RAMI